Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lakers 139, Suns 137 (3OT): game videos




Lamar Odom was arguably the player of the game for the Lakers, but as Brian noted in the postgame analysis, the foul he committed against Channing Frye with 1.1 seconds left in the first overtime was a doozy. Despite the victorious outcome and the "instant classic" vibe, when asked what he'll remember about this game in 5-10 years, LO immediately cited that personal:

"I will remember the foul call. I always tell you guys basketball is a humbling experience. Because I can think about throughout the game, ‘Yeah, I’m playing good. I’m having a good one.’ And then, right before you know it, I’m the dope. You know what I'm saying?"

Odom then talked about the difficulty of shaking off such a mistake and keeping his head in the game:

"We always talk about being humbled as a player. It’s something I always tell my wife. It’s a little difficult to understand the whole mentality of a sportsman. We get humbled in front, not just the people in the arena [but] the people at home [watching on TV]. I’m talking about millions of people. Sometimes it can be hard to shake off, but you have to. That’s what makes us tough. We love to compete. We love the odds against us as sportsmen."